Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sigh, Sigh, Sigh...

So... another Valentine's Day is coming to a close, and once again I find myself in love with a new pop song. This is not an unusual state for me to find myself in. In fact, I've recently come to the conclusion that when I look back on my life I will find that most of my significant relationships will have been with pop songs. But it's always nice to find a brand new love on Valentine's Day isn't it?

I've only listened to the mp3 of Strawberry Whiplash's "Who's in Your Dreams?" a few times so I have nothing too intelligent to offer about it. But as we all know intelligence and love so rarely go hand in hand. I only know that it's a perfect fuzzy pop song, with lot's of tambourine, and more ba da bas per capita than most perfect fuzzy pop songs that I've heard in recent memory. And I want to shirk all of my responsibilities and spend all of my spare time with it. Please download this song here, now.

Though I should warn you that downloading the song is only going to make you want more. Fortunately Strawberry Whiplash have a brand new EP that is available through the ever lovely Matinee Recordings! You can find it along with more information about the band here. Get ready to shirk all of your responsibilities too.

By the way, it should be noted here that when I paid a visit to Strawberry Whiplash's myspace page, I noticed that one of their top friends was a band by the name of Tesco Chainstore Mascara. Um, might that be the best band name ever? From what I've heard so far, they make nice music too. Expect a full post about them soon...

No comments: