Tuesday, February 5, 2008

See Her Runing Around She's The Girl About Town That You (Probably Haven't) Heard Of 2/5- 2/10

Hello, I hope you are all easing back into the working week as well as can be expected. I'm off to work myself in a matter of moments. Before I leave though, here is what I was able to find in terms of rock shows happening this week. Once again, please take what I say with a grain of salt. And always refer to this guy.



TUESDAY 2/05:



Dead Meadow, Midnight Movies, and The Great Northwest at The Echoplex

Blue Cheer, and Sea of Air at The Knitting Factory

Black Mountain, and Howlin' Rain at The Troubadour


There sure do seem to be a lot of people out there who love Black Mountain. I know Midnight Movies have undergone some line up changes since the last time I saw them. However, I'm going to venture a guess that they are still compelling as fuck, and they are playing with Dead Meadow about whom I've heard very good things.



WEDNESDAY 2/06:



Gran Ronde, Bloodcat Love, War Tapes, and Big Bang at Bordello

An Aquarium Drunkard Presents The World Record, The Weather Underground, Le Switch, Frankel, Blair at The Silverlake Lounge

Club NME at Spaceland with Ungdomskulen, and Minipop

Bedouin Soundclash, Westbound Train, and Beat Union at The Knitting Factory


Have I ever mentioned here that I adore Le Switch? Because for some reason, I'm just not sure if I've mentioned it enough...




THURSDAY 2/07:




The Entrance Band, Tweak Bird, and Mountain Party at the Silverlake Lounge

Blood on the Wall, and Afternoons at Spaceland

The Lilys, and Ladies & Gents at The Echo

Pinback, and MC Chris at The Glass House (Pomona)

People Noise (ex-VHS or Beta), Azure Down, and Crystal Antlers at The Prospector (Long Beach)

The Kooks at the Troubadour- SOLD OUT


The Lilys were too good for words when I saw them at Spaceland back in December. Do try to see them if you can.




FRIDAY 2/08:




Huntsville, Majestys, Sundowner, Chelsea Trash, and Musec at Mr. T's Bowl

Super Furry Animals, Holy Fuck at The Echoplex

The Kooks, Morning Benders at The Echo

Rumspringa, Halloween Swim Team, Bad Dudes, and Pocket Rockets at The Smell

Rhett Miller, and Jennifer O'Connor at The Troubadour


I still haven't seen Rumspringa much to the chagrin of several friends of mine, and if Halloween Swim Team are the band that I am thinking of I heard a song of theirs on KXLU several years ago and loved it. Listening now on myspace right now, I think it was. Friday night at the Smell anyone?



SATURDAY 2/09:



Check Yo' Ponytail with Mixhell, Data, My!Gay!Husband!, Frankie Chan, and Paparazzi at The Echo

El Tambor at The Echoplex

The Black Lips, Pierced Arrows, Japanese Motors at The Glass House (Pomona)

Crystal Antlers, Candy Apple, The Balloon at The Scene

We Be The Echo, Totally Serious, BiPolar Bear, Tremellow at The Smell

Editors at The Wiltern

Robyn at The Troubadour- SOLD OUT


Um... It seems like I've heard good things about Crystal Antlers, and the squaregirls do love, love, love The Scene.



SUNDAY 2/10:



Editors at The House Of Blues Anaheim

Electrocute, The Lady Tigra, B.R.A.M., and ARP at Spaceland

People Noise (ex-VHS or Beta), Casket Salesmen, The Prisoner Dilemma, Jupiter at The Glass House (Pomona)

Part Time Punks with Kid Congo Powers at the Echo


If Part Time Punks isn't already your default Sunday night plan, you should make it so...

No comments: