Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here is the Sunrise, Ain't That Enough?

It has been my intention to write something intelligent about a particular Felt song, off and on for the better part of this week. I've actually been trying to decide between writing about the Felt song, "Sunlight Bathed the Golden Glow," or a Tullycraft song. You'll know which song soon enough because it totally won. Truth be told, as many times as I have listened to "Sunlight Bathed the Golden Glow," and regardless of how strong a connection I feel that I have to that song, I'm really in no position to write anything that offers any sort of perspective as to why that is, or why it is that I have any sort of connection to any Felt song for that matter. I certainly can't offer any perspective as to why Felt are so important in the history of the jangly pop music that I hold dear, or any perspective as to why they are actually one of the better bands associated with the genre. The incredible amount of intelligence contained in their songs springs to mind, but that is just too much to get into here. And again, the songs are more intelligent than I am so I really don't have much to add on the subject. I'm certainly not a Felt completist by any means, though with time and a much steadier income I'm sure that I could be. Really though, at two o'clock in the morning after a long day that is on the verge of unfolding into an even longer day it is not my desire to be able to offer any perspective whatsoever on one particular Felt song, or to determine how I will ever add all of those records and singles to my collection. My only desire right now is to fall asleep listening to this band, "I don't know what it is, I don't know what it is..."

You can (and should) listen here.

No comments: