Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yesterday's Gone, and Tomorrow Has so Much More in Store

While I'm still finalizing my list of favorite records of 2007 I thought that it might be a good time to skip ahead to 2008 and mention a few records that I'm most excited for. This is right off the top of my head so I'll probably miss a few things, and that's where you come in! Please leave anything, and everything that you are looking forward to in the next year in the comments section below.

Obviously, I'm pretty excited about the Slumberland Records 7 inch series. There is also the release of the first Grand Archives full length, the newish project from Matt Brooke of Carissa's Wierd and Band of Horses fame. I just adored their self released Ep so I can't wait to have more from them. And heads up, they are playing the Troubadour on February 29 with fellow Seattle darlings Fleet Foxes. Based on what I've heard about the live shows of both bands, my calendar is marked. Kelley Stoltz released one of the best records of 2006 so I can't wait to hear his new effort, Circular Sounds. Hearing an LP from Le Switch is the most exciting thing to me on the local front. New Nada Surf makes me smile, I'm intrigued by the long awaited Chris Walla solo record, and new Mountain Goats always makes for an occasion to celebrate (especially since there was no new Mountain Goats record in 2007!) Of course I'm most looking forward to that elusive new Pastels record which was reported to be released at the end of 2006. Now they are reportedly mixing it with John McEntire (Tortoise, The Sea and Cake) sometime early next year. Fingers crossed for a 2008 release! They are also working on a collaboration with Tokyo band Tenniscoats. Alright, that's all I've got before I rush off to work. As I said, I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff. Please leave it below for me to smack my forehead over when I get home.

No comments: