Thursday, December 13, 2007

It May be Winter Time, but Baby It's Super Fine!

I have to say (and I'm certain that I can speak for Squaregirl K as well) that we could not have been any more pleased with the turn out at our show last night. We both send out huge thank yous to everyone who braved the chilly (for Southern California) weather, and helped make our first official night such a smashing success! 

Princeton brought the crowd to the floor early with their impossible to resist pretty pop songs. The Health Club  closed the night with a solid wall of upbeat indie/garage rock that sounded so cool, I actually felt cooler just by being in near proximity to it. And Le Switch, as you may already know, had stolen my heart months ago with the power of their live show. And just when I was thinking that surely they would put on an amazing show, but they couldn't be better than they were the last time I saw them. Guess what? They were better than they were the last time I saw them. They will likely be even better the next they play so make sure to get out there and check them out!

I also need to give a huge thank you to Joe Fielder over at Radio Free Silver Lake for presenting the show along with us, and all the help he has given us along the way. It is worth mentioning, by the way, that his monthly event Let's Independent is always a good time, and this month's line up looks killer. I think I know where I'll be on Tuesday night...

And while I anxiously wait for January 9 when we get to do this all over again (more details to come on that one soon.) I'm biding my time by working on a year end list or two, and exploring the internet for some fun holiday themed goodies for y'all. So be on the lookout.

No comments: