Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Past is a Disater, and the Future's Coming Faster...

So, in the rare spaces these days when my ears aren't glued to Annie's DJ Kicks comp, I've been reaffirming my love for, um... Love Is All. In fact, as I was driving to work on Sunday morning (a whole day before I saw the article about the new Annie album) I began to wonder when exactly we might be treated to a new Love Is All album. If you never heard Love Is All, a few helpful things to know about them are the ones that follow. They are amazing. The lyrics are clever and self depricating at times/brilliantly self assured at others, the music is most often manic avd giddyness enducing with prominent use of the trumpet, and they once covered a Pastels song. Actually, they covered this Pastels song to be exact. In short, I adore this band.

Well, before I freaked out and posted a frantic, "When will Love is All release a new album?!?!" post; I decided to do a quick Google search on the subject. Turns out that Pitchfork posted this news in February, mere days before my birthday no less! Sigh, I already knew that I should be more actively involved in keeping up with the music news, but this discovery hit that particular nail over the head. Anyway, if you need me, I'll be off somewhere counting down the days to the currently non-existent release date for A Hundred Things Keep Me Up at Night...

~squaregirl marion

No comments: