Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It Was a Fine Idea In Autumn...




Alright, I realize that I have been gushing about this Matinee Recordings anniversary show quite a bit lately, but take a look at the videos in the following few posts. I think that you will uderstand exactly why I've been gushing!

The Lucksmiths videos that are posted were some of my (very) difficult to pick highlights from their entirely fantastic set. Honestly, if you ever have the chance to see them live, take it! "Downside to the Upstairs" is somewhere in my top 100 favorite songs of all time. "Sunlight in a Jar" is the song that (at the El Cid show the night before) caused squaregirl Kristen to remark that she wanted a boy to write a song like that about her. I actually wouldn't mind that myself. Of course, she has a musician boyfriend so her chances are slightly better than mine...

I also included Tali White's cover of "Hey Ya" from his solo set!

And last, but certainly not least we have Math & Physics Club performing "La La La Lisa." I'm gearing up for an interview with them next week (be on the lookout for that to appear here soon.) This clip should give you some idea as to why I am so looking forward to our chat.

No comments: