Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've Got No Excuse I've Been Here Since My Youth, but What About You?

Surely there hasn't been too much going on for me to take the two or so minutes that it would require to listen to a newly posted song from my favorite local band? Surely I wouldn't let several days go by before a Myspace bulliten found me at just the right place and time to actually listen to said song? Um, er...

No bother though. I've heard the latest offering from The Tartans entitled "Your Favorite Song" enough times today to make up for the several previous days that I missed it. The intro is soulful in true indiepop soul fashion, it will certainly sit easily next to those Postcard era Orange Juice singles that might reside in your collection. If such things do reside in your collection then, wow you are incredibly lucky. You can (and should) listen to "Your Favorite Song" here.

The song will show up on a 7" to be released very soon by the YAY! label. You can (and should) pre-order your copy here. The A side of the single will be "Cats of Camerford" with some snazzy new trumpet work. The B side will be "1939" b/w "Your Favorite Song" which I believe up until now you could only hear if you made it out to a show.

Speaking of which, the Tartans will be playing Mr. T's Bowl on Sunday. Be sure to make it out for that one, an prepare to be simultaneously charmed and wowed beyond anything that you could imagine could possibly exist here in Los Angeles.


~sqg marion

No comments: