Sunday, November 25, 2007

Listening Too Long To One Song: The Whitsundays "Sorry James"

Mmm, tracks like this one make me feel like I am visiting some sort of parallel universe that is three parts 1964/ one part 2007. I also kind of feel like I want to stay there forever.

"Sorry James" is the sort of psychedelic, bouncy, reverb drenched pop that makes me want to put on a mini skirt, find a club filled with like minded people, and dance! Though the story it tells is a bittersweet one, it is nearly impossible to hear the music behind it without wanting to move.

The project is an intriguing direction for Paul Arnusch who spends most of his time wandering about in the territories of post punk (his work with the Floor,) and post rock (his work with Faunts.) I, for one, am ready to hear so much more from The Whitsundays. Fortunately for all of us their self titled debut album will be available via the excellent Friendly Fire label on January 22, 2008.

You can download "Sorry James" here:

The Whitsundays "Sorry James"

You can also check out the song "I Want It All" on their Myspace page (and become friends!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.