Tuesday, November 6, 2007

LISTENING TOO LONG TO ONE SONG: THE ROYAL WE "ALL THE RAGE"

As much as I enjoy recieving emails from Geographic Music, there is always a certain element of sadness involved. They never contain updates on a new Pastels album, and they are usually announcing some extraordinarily cool film screening that I can never attend because, sadly, I don't live in Glasgow. For those of you that are curious, Geographic is a small imprint of Domino Records run by the Pastels to introduce us to interesting artists that span a variety of genres beyond simply rock/pop (jazz, world, etc.) The latest email that I recieved from them was no exception to the sadness rule, announcing both the debut album, and demise of The Royal We.

THE ROYAL WE


The Royal We walk the line between straightforward rock and giddy pop better than most bands I have heard in a while. I personally cannot stop listening to the single "All The Rage." It's exciting, and it's catchy as hell. The kind of song that you will desperately wish to have stuck in your head for days. The rest of the songs that I've heard so far are equally as exciting, and equally as enjoyable. As I mentioned, the sad part of this post is the Royal We are no more. They played their final show to some seriously lucky Glaswegians last night. Sigh. At least they left us with what promises to be an outstanding first and last album. You can pick up your copy of it here:

DOMINO RECORDS/THE ROYAL WE/THE ROYAL WE

No comments: