Monday, July 7, 2008

And You Know Why

Gosh, I hope that everyone's 4th of July Weekend was as great as mine was and that you are all still just as exhausted as I am by 11 AM on Tuesday. I still can't get past the fact that I spent both weekend nights watching Phil Wilson perform "Sunday to Saturday," "Every Conversation," "This Town," "In the Rain..."

Everything really. The sound was incredible, and the level of enthusiasm from both Phil, and violinist Frank Sweeney was thoroughly endearing. The pre-recorded backing tracks that were used for most of the songs were quite impressive. Though the addition of full band support from the Tartans on Saturday, and the Tyde on Sunday for the last two songs of each night did provide a nice touch. Both bands helped out with "Lee Remick" and "In the Rain" in case you were wondering.

It should also be noted that Phil Wilson is maybe one of the nicest people that I've ever met. He insisted upon hugs from all the attending members of the Tartans and Summershine fest organizer/YAY! label founder Eric Bello as we all left the Echo on Sunday night. I'm fairly certain that he couldn't quite figure out exactly what my relationship was to that group, or what my role was in the proceedings of the previous day's show. He gave me a hug goodbye anyway.

His lovely wife was taking video the entire time so as soon as those videos make their way onto YouTube, I will most certainly post a few here.

Alright, time to leave the fantastic ultra-indiepop saturated weekend in the past and move onto the next event.

Both Squaregirls are DJ-ing this thing tonight:

Photobucket

I know that both Web in Front, and Classical Geek Theater have worked really hard to make sure that you will see a great show tonight. We're happy to be along for the ride, and since it's called "My Little Underground" it's pretty safe to say that one of us will have to play that song at some point tonight...

See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tunes. Thanks esp for playing Orange Juice.